Ebusiness@Newcastle News in RSS | Return to main news page
Call for Papers
Special Issue of the Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis in Social Sciences (QQASS)
‘Redefining marketing in an information technology-driven economy’
Call for Papers
QQASS invites paper submissions for a special issue on ‘Redefining marketing in an information technology-driven economy’ that is scheduled for publication in 2007.
The rapid use of information technology and its applications have re-engineered the way products and services are marketed to customers and challenge the traditional marketing principles. Information technology encompasses systems and applications such as the internet, customer databases and marketing related software and it is also a platform for the emergence of new forms of marketing such as e-marketing, mobile marketing, digital marketing, viral marketing and marketing via interactive television and games to name but a few. In addition, a range of issues including, inter alia, consumer personalisation, customer relationship management and profiling, media and channel convergence and consumer privacy need to be readdressed in the context of the new technological landscape, supported by a re-evaluation of their impact on the traditional marketing mix elements.
This special issue aims to broaden our knowledge of the increasing role of information technology in marketing and to illustrate the emerging marketing forms, processes and applications. Articles may be theoretical and / or empirical in nature.
The editors invite submissions of unpublished studies on the topics listed below.Topics may include, but should not be limited to:
- Customer relationship management within the information technology-driven economy
- Electronic marketing
- Email marketing
- Games marketing
- Interactive television and IPTv
- Interface between information technology and marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Role of consumer within the information technology-driven economy
- Role, importance and evolution of distribution and marketing channels within the information technology-driven economy
- Role and evolution of pricing and promotion within the information technology-driven economy
- Viral marketing
- Web marketing
- Ubiquitous and pervasive marketing
- Submission of papers: 15th January, 2007
- Review response: March 2007
- Submission of revised papers: May 2007
- Notification of acceptance: June 2007
- Publication: Autumn 2007
The submission guidelines of the Journal may be viewed on the QQASS’ website: http://www.qqass.org.
If you have questions about submitting an article, please contact the special issue editors: Dr Michael Bourlakis (), Brunel University Business School, or Dr Savvas Papagiannidis (), Newcastle University Business School.